It’s one of the most glamorous jobs in marketing – promotions jobs can be a lot of fun and of great benefit to a business looking to make an impression on the market. The job can change on a daily basis, from coordinating PR strategies to organising events.
To learn more about what a job in promotions entails, read the information below.
Jobs in Promotions – Daily Tasks and Work Overview
The PR Aspect of Promotions
- Planning and executing company PR strategies – both for trade (B2B) and consumer (B2C)
- Fielding enquiries from the media and general public
- Drafting and mailing press releases
- Analysing and responding to media coverage relating to the employer
- Taking responsibility for all company publicity initiatives
- Managing negative PR calmly and effectively
- Carrying out market research to ensure a business is being pitched correctly
- Presenting and pitching at trade conferences
- Coordinating product launches
- Exploiting the latest marketing and social networking techniques to ensure a business or product reaches the widest possible audience
The Event Organisation Aspect of Promotions
- Researching the calendar for event opportunities relating to both the trade and the consumer
- Ensuring event budgets are correctly managed
- Booking pitches at individual events
- Cooperating with event organisers to establish event requirements
- Drafting event proposals and organising staff to manage event days
- Adhering to all health and safety legislation in relation to an event and ensuring all insurance policies are followed
- Selling exhibition space, sponsorship, and making considerations over layout (when hosting the event)
- Preparing marketing paraphernalia (such as brochures, cards and freebies) to last for the duration of the event
- Organising media packs
- Arranging the clean-up operation and a briefing post-event
Interested in pursuing a career in this exciting area? View promotional jobs on Simply Marketing Jobs.
What are your views?
As of today, children across the UK will be at home with their parents, after the government asked schools to shut their gates. In an effort to combat the coronavirus outbreak, children will now be at home with family, provided they are not the children of key...
Does your news feed have anything other than coronavirus on it? Is it all you see on the TV right now? Yes, we need to stay informed, but could the focus on coronavirus leave us feeling deflated and like there's no light at the end of the tunnel? Certainly. So, how...
Recent data compiled by Simply Marketing Jobs shows the highest paid jobs within the marketing industry. This article provides a breakdown of these jobs, the average salaries for marketing roles on offer and what they entail. If you are looking to progress your career...